Saturday, June 22, 2013

6/21/2013

The entire morning was dedicated to mentor presentations.

Each of them gave a 20 minute presentation (at least it was supossed to be 20 min) on their current research or what they have just finished working on.

Lack of sleep and coffee made it difficult to stay engaged.

The afternoon was spent working on logistics of the project some more.

I wish I had more details or pictures of cool animals.



Okay, I guess I have to include at least one.

Clearly a dinosaur.

Does it make me a nerd that I'm constantly imagining myself in Jurassic Park when I wander around the jungle?

I keep waiting for a Velociraptor to pop-out of the bushes next to me.


"Clever girl."




Two more photos.

Here is one of the streams we cross each morning. Note the log in the background.

Here is the same stream. You can just barely see the log above the water line. Keep in mind this is after a normal nights storm. We get one at least one of these every two days. It's weird to go from San Luis Obipso, a place with ~45 cm of rain per year, to the jungle...WITH 4 METERS!!!!
Tomorrow I do my first presentation.

The mentors and program director keep acting like it's no big deal.

I feel like we're being tested though, and they want to see what we're made out of.

I think it's about time to blow some minds.


I'll let you know how it goes.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment