Sunday, August 11, 2013

8/10/2013 - 8/11/2013 (vacation)

8/10/2013 - 8/11/2013



What a couple of days it's been.



I was actually pretty nervous picking Kelly up from the airport. It's only been 8 weeks since we've seen each other, but I wondered if the distance had changed us, or being alone had changed her, or worse, if the jungle had changed me.










Yeck, I can be soooo dramatic some times.









Cha' right George. Same ol' same ol' in 30 seconds flat! Of course everything was back to normal.



Aside from the fact that I couldn't hear anything due to a double ear-infection (you guessed it, I was that kid growing up), it couldn't have gotten much better.









But it did.









We wasted no time, headed to the domestic terminal and after a 30 minute flight we were on our way to our house rental in Montezuma that was to be our home/reunion spot for the next three days.












This place....is....awesome.






It's kind of a weird transition going back to the real (sorta) world...or at least going back to civilization.

There is hot water in the shower. A bed I can stretch my legs out on. A breeze from the ocean.

People wear sandals without fear of snake bites.

Wear swim trunks all day long.

And the smell of patchouli oil is everywhere (we have landed in hippie-mecca).










All strangeness aside.




I can get used to this...






Yesterday we didn't get out much. It's hard to go out an explore when you have such an amazing house to stay in.






Eventually we made it out and with a little prodding I convinced Kelly to saddle up and ride with me.









We took it a lot easier on the quad than my old desert days, but it was still a blast to cruise up and down the coast with no reservations, plans, or any real responsibilities.






We found some awesome tide pools. Hiked around. Ate when we pleased. Stopped at any beach we wanted. And generally enjoyed each others company (it feels like it's been forever).





I even introduced Kelly to some of my jungle friends.






Most of whom she got along with.





Angry Crabs.









Nasua narica (Coati) She was a little startled at first by this friendly member of the raccoon family. But I was proud of her for feigning interest in an example of one of the cool critters I've befriended the last few months.















Even awesome insects...










Although I think giant praying mantids in the bathroom are going to take some time for her to get used to...











I have to admit,











Between fresh fruit smoothies whenever we want.


















And a short ride to the beach. (btw get used to a lot more selfies from here on out!)










Yeah.






I can get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment