Thursday, August 1, 2013

8/1/2013

8/1/2013


As of 50 minutes ago the first draft of my paper is done!

23 pages of solid gold baby!



I can honestly say I've never worked so hard in my life...whew, what a weight off my shoul....





Oh yeah.



And then the 'comments' will come back.








I'm not going to lie, my first first proposal draft I sent back in May... I was pretty sure it was the greatest thing ever written. I laughed in the face of my mentor 'ha ha, try and find an error in this flawless piece of sheer beauty!'









I learned that day that microsoft word does indeed have a red pen option, and it was used liberally...







Moral of the story, I feel kinda the same way today.

Clearly the most groundbreaking piece of scientific literature ever written was e-mailed off to a select few by one Mr. George Brusch, scientist extraordinaire

At least I'd like to think so.

I'll keep you posted on how much red I see when the review comes back...



This blog has really gotten terrible in the last few weeks. It went from fun animal stories, to mostly moths, to extended diatribes on jungle-writing-misery...ugh.


Truth be told. And I'm a little ashamed to say it. The writing part really gets me going.


Think about it. Anyone can go out, catch lizards, and heat 'em up. I want to be able to tell the story eloquently and look at the data and be able to show something new...


 Some day.





To take a load off after the ridiculous paper writing extravaganza we decided to the mature thing.














No.




Not making a human pyramid. We had far more childish intentions.



Nothing takes the pressure off...




Really lets the steam out...




Nothing is quite so relaxing....







As beating the heck out of a piñata.




If I don't make it as a scientist, I think I found up my back-up vocation. 





Piñata-wrangler!







It's a fun gig, until people get too overzealous with the swingin and hittin'.  

It feels good to relax after a long couple of weeks.


The Costa Rican piñata prizes are... interesting. I'm pretty sure that guy on the left is doing the sprinkler.








 
Guess what though? Tomorrow we're going to a chocolate factory! No joke.

I may be setting my expectations too high, but I'm picturing a Spanish willy wonka and some adorable costa rican umpa lumpas (with far less sinister foreheads). Needless to say I'm excited to swim in a chocolate river (that better be chocolate!)




My brain is pretty fried and I'm pretty delirious. I promise tomorrow's adventures will be more exciting than the last few days!













And even though I don't want a moth blog, I guess I'll throw in one of these too from around the lab...
This one wants to be Donald Trump when it grows up.




I have about 24 hours to relax. And you better believe I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment