Monday, August 12, 2013

8/13/2013 (vacation)

8/13/2013



I have a way of convincing my wife to go on some pretty wild adventures.



I don't think she'd do some of these wild activities if I weren't nagging at her for a day first.












That being said, she convinces me to do some stuff I would probably never do on my own.








Trinket shopping, wine tasting, massage...



And the big one.












Yoga!







I was all smiles in this before shot. I was nothing but sweat and mild tears after the fact.



I remember the first time Kelly got me to go to yoga.

 Before we signed up she asked 'I'm thinking we should do the beginners class'

'Meh' was my response 'it's yoga, how hard can a bunch of stretching be?!'





I learned a valuable lesson that day.










I wasn't as foolish today, but yoga hasn't gotten any easier over the years. I thought the jungle was a sweaty mess.

The faucet was on full force today.

I just feel bad for all the people standing next to me, I'm pretty sure there were drops getting sprayed on all my neighbors...wupps.





After feeling like I wanted to die for a few hours we decided to hop back on the quad and head out to some local waterfalls.


Now it was my turn to get Kelly to try something adventurous and new. The trail was pretty sketchy, but she's a trooper and hung in their with no (/few) complaints.


And it was worth it!






The falls were great, and it felt so good to get in some nice icy water.

One thing to notice, is how gentle the water is flowing in the background. We got done with the hike around 13:00 and the water was a little murky, but flowing slowly.





The sky was mostly cloud-free, maybe a little murky in the distance.

Kelly and I sat in the water enjoying the natural pool for only about 10 or 15 minutes before a friendly Costa Rican started waving to us and pointing for us to get out of the water.




We couldn't really understand what he was saying, but by the time we made it out another couple was leaving a lower pool and said that it was raining hard up stream and that there might be a flash flood coming.







Note to self: always listen to the locals when they say to get out of the water.







Literally only 20 minutes since getting there, the rocks we sat on had disappeared, and the path we used to cross the river was now a ragging torrent, and everyone who was relaxing by the waters edge was fleeing up the mountain.




The once calm waterfall had gotten pretty scary...it was time to go.







The rest of the day we decided to compromise and go someplace we could both agree on.



It was time to just relax on a beach and do nothing.












After a morning and afternoon consisting of one of us leading the other. We relaxed on a beach and went to, hands down one of the best meals we've ever eaten.








Right on the water, lobster ceviche, scallops, and octopus...vacation mode is treating us well.

No comments:

Post a Comment