Tuesday, August 13, 2013

8/13/2013 (vacation)

8/13/2013





It was a little tough to say goodbye to our little home today.



We really fell in love with Montezuma, it was a quiet little hippie village with a yoga studio on every corner and a shoeless vagabond on every road.







I don't think I could ever get tired of that view either.






Cleaning up we did find a few unwanted 'house guests'.

Our friends Joe and Allie had warned us about these. Truth be told I had mostly forgotten. Then my foot was within a few inches of one and I just about jumped up into the rafters.









Scorpion. They get a pretty bad rap. All arachnids do. True, I don't want to be on any sort of familiar terms with one. But they're pretty cool animals. When males and females meet they lock pincers and do a funny sort of mating dance, the male will drop a packet of sperm on the ground during their duet, and continue to samba until the female steps over it and the package is delivered. I'm glad I got to show Kelly they're not all that bad...especially when they're stuck between a glass tumbler and a cutting board!















After packing up and saying our goodbyes we had a long drive ahead of us to get to our next destination...

















jk.











We went from here:



























And took a grueling 30 minute taxi ride to here:










Don't judge.






We came here to do nothing but sit on a tropical beach and darnit that's what we're going to do!









This town has much more of a surfer vibe to it. the beaches are less rocky, made of white sand, the waves constantly roll in, and the views stretch on for as far as the eye can see.

What's more, we have them mostly to ourselves!

Hello Santa Teresa. We shall call you home for the next 8 days!















Today we walked around and got a feel for the town. Ate some delicious food. And hunkered down for the long haul. As you can see, this is going to be a rough stretch. The view from the hotel is pretty redonkulous.











I even had another chance to introduce Kelly to some of my reptile friends today.



Ctenosaura similis (Black Ctenosaur) Kelly asked me if 'I wanted to go catch one'. Considering they all started flailing around and the bigger males were head bobbing when we got within five meters...I decided to sit this one out. Beautiful animals, but probably more than willing to give me a nasty cut if I tried messing with one of 'em.





I think the plan tomorrow is to go rent a couple of beach loungers and umbrellas and read trashy novels all day long...





Can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment