Saturday, July 27, 2013

7/27/2013

7/27/2013

Busy busy.












Instead of a long diatribe about what's going on, how about this:











The clouds seemed to unload extra fierce this morning.


Even under a roof we couldn't inhale our breakfast without getting soaked!






There are some positives to a 'rain day' though. I've gotten a lot of computer stuff done that I've been putting off for way too long.

I've learned a very important lesson these past few days.











LABEL AND EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!






 I have huge charts of numbers with just a few random numbers and a letter as their titles. I feel like I have to decipher hieroglyphics to remember what I'm looking at. And I'm the one who made the darn things!



What 11a_a.csv or Jr_4000.csv mean, I have no idea.



Wupps.



Sorry data.




 You...are...outta here!














The jungle comes alive when it's raining. And all the weird bugs come out of their slumber and try to hide on the buildings.



So here's some of the new friends I made today (don't judge, but I named some of them).









I'm just baffled at what selection pressures could lead to such bizarre animals. It's not just strange colorations, most of them have odd protuberances coming from all ends to serve some unknown purpose. 





In her finest winter coat.




This one is my favorite. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of weevil. Those hairs are just too bizarre. It also freaked out and flew away into the rain when the flash of my camera went off. Camera-shy I guess.






There is life in every corner of this jungle. You can't turn a leaf over (literally) without finding some kind of creepy crawly or cool new animal.


I thought it was weird how this rain drop wasn't falling off the leaf. Things are rarely what they seem in the jungle. I don't know what these are going to turn into when they grow up. I'll keep my eyes on it and let you know.





Really nothing else to report on the day. I'm neck deep in paper writing. I need to re-write about 70% of my introduction so I have my work cut out.







Oh yea, I almost forgot...











This happened!
It's sometimes overwhelming how much I love sloths...

1 comment: